Monday, April 26, 2010

Pho KC Restaurant

315 Cherry Street
Kansas City, MO 64106
(816) 471-2224

Oh for the love of Pho! If you are looking for the best Pho in Kansas City, you have to go to Pho KC. Who would have thought that a small place lurking right there in the corner of 4th Street and Cherry Street served the best Pho in KC?

I first learned about Pho KC from my husband's hairstylist who was from Vietnam. I trusted her completely. A Vietnamese recommended authentic Vietnamese food? Hey, that's must be the real deal!

OK, let's talk Pho. I ordered a small bowl of Pho dac biet, the combination. It had eye of round, beef tripe, meatball, and some tendons. Their price was affordable. For a big bowl of Pho, combination or not, was only $6.39 plus tax. It's a huge bowl, complete with the fresh cilantro leaves and all the trimmings.
Their broth was simply "broth-taking"! Delicious! The broth was clear and you can really taste the beef flavor. I didn't have to add any hoisin sauce or any other additional sauce to enhance it. It tasted perfect to me. The noodle was thin, just the way I like it.

Other than that, I also had their appetizers, the Banh Tom Chien ( sweet potato shrimp fritter) and Fried quails.

Banh Tom Chien was alright. Their sweet potatoes were sweet, but I didn't think it was too special compared to any other Vietnamese restaurant out there. Price-wise, it was still cheaper than any other restaurants, though.
I do like their Fried Quails. The way they cooked them was interesting, I thought. I've had fried quails in Indonesia before. Of course it's totally different. The ones in Indonesia were way smaller than the ones in here (maybe because everything in Indonesia seemed smaller than here?). Anyway, the quails were very tasty. It had sweetness to it and very tender, too.

My husband ate their grilled pork with all the goodness. :)
That, too, was tasty. Although I still thought the Pho was their main star.

So, still looking for the best Pho in KC? Stop looking! Pho KC is the answer. Trust me! :)



Pho Kc

1 comment:

  1. I see that you’re interested and fascinated in food stuffs. This is a good blog! You see, we have this food site Foodista.com (http://www.foodista.com) that is a food and cooking encyclopedia that everyone and anyone can edit. Maybe you are interested in sharing some of recipes to us or share your knowledge about food stuffs and techniques, Or maybe you just like to write reviews about food, restaurant and recipes...why don't you
    visit us sometimes, if it's food you're interested in, then we are interested in you. Don't hesitate to check us out.

    I hope to see you there.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete