Sunday, July 26, 2009

What can I do with these bananas?

Banana, one of the fruits I don't really like. But, it has lots of vitamins and it's good for me. So I experimented with it in ways I can eat them with joy.
One was lumpia pisang (recipe will be posted once I made another batch) and the other one was adapted from the infamous banana foster dessert, minus the rum. (Yeah I know.. it always tastes better with rum.)

As always, adjust the recipe to your own desire.

Ingredients:
2 bananas, cut in half horizontally
Approximately 1-2 tbs butter
Sugar as needed
Condensed milk, chocolate sprinkles or grated chocolate, and cheddar cheese as needed

Directions:
1. Heat the butter on the non-stick pan until melted. Don't let the butter burn!
2. Pan fry the bananas until brown. Sprinkle the sugar and let it melts.
3. Remove the bananas onto the plate, sprinkle with chocolate, cheese and condensed milk.

Serve it as it is or add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yum-O!

Note: I used Indonesian Kraft cheddar cheese. It tasted totally different than American cheddar cheese. Try using white cheddar and let me know the result.


No comments:

Post a Comment