Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lawrence on the go

Encore Cafe
1007 Massachusetts
Lawrence, KS

We've never went to Encore before. But we've heard about their bubble teas selection and their Asian fusion food, and we just had to try it.
Of course, since it was raining and the kids were tired, we bought the food to go.

I ordered chocolate milk tea with boba (bubble tea) and mango milk tea for the kids. The chocolate milk tea was bitter for my taste. Also the chocolate flavor was not strong enough. Blah!
The mango milk tea, however, was awesome! The mango flavor was strong and sweet. I had to fight with the kids just to try it. I felt like in a tropical country with that mango drink. :)

We also ordered Beef chow fun and chicken fried rice. The server said the beef chow fun is their best seller.
Well.. since I took them home, the taste was a little bit different than when served immediately after cooking. But I could still smell the smoky flavor and that intrigued me. The beef was tender and the seasonings were sweet and tasty.

The fried rice was ordinary, I guessed. The chicken was tender, but the rice was a little bit tough. The color did not look good, I thought they needed to put more soy sauce for the color. But overall the taste was good.

The place was not too big, but the atmosphere was good. The servers looked like they knew what they were doing. The variety of the menu was great as well. And, the price was not expensive. For me, that's a plus!
I would definitely come back to this place again and maybe order the lychee milk tea next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment