Sunday, June 7, 2009

Granny's Chicken Ranch

1340 Village West Parkway
Kansas City, KS 66111
http://www.grannyschickenranch.com

June 6th was the National day of daughters (not official, I guessed). So after my daughter got a make over as a princess in The Legends shopping mall, she suggested fried chicken for dinner.
I saw an ad for Granny's Chicken Ranch in the Restaurant Guide of Kansas City (http://www.kcrestaurantguide.com/). I thought it was worth a try.

The restaurant was clean and the greeters were very nice. We were seated in the "family room" which was farther from the bar. I liked the idea that they sit all the families in one place. That way the kids will not bother the other patrons who just wanted a nice quiet dinner.

The menu had a lot of varieties, but I decided to choose the fried chicken with its ALL you can eat side dishes. :) My husband chose chicken fried steak.
By the way, side dishes included green beans, biscuits, chicken gravy, mashed potatoes, salad, and cinnamon rolls with sweet butter.

The fried chicken was crispy and very tasty. My daughter was very happy with it, too. The chicken was tender and the seasonings were perfect.
The chicken fried steak was good, too. However, I preferred the fried chicken than the chicken fried steak.

OK let's talk about the side dishes. The salad came with our choice of Ranch dressing, which I thought was great. The green beans were ordinary, needed more salt, though. The biscuits were warm and tasted good, especially with the sweet butter. The mashed potatoes were great, no complains there.
The one thing I really liked about the gravy was its richness. It went well with the chicken or the mashed potatoes.
The last thing that came out was the cinnamon rolls. They were warm and sweet. Although I thought they could have done better with the dough. They were not as soft as I thought they would be.

Overall experience at Granny's was great. They beat the other competitor in town, Stroud's fried chicken. I will surely come back there again. :)

PS: My husband said the sweet butter was great!



Granny's Chicken Ranch on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment