Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Recipe: Fried Rice Omelette

Inspired by the American breakfast, Omelette, I wanted to make a Fried Rice Omelette. I think the Japanese have their version of Fried Rice Omelette (Omurice a.k.a. Omuraisu). Anyway I made my version of Fried Rice Omelette using the ingredients I have in my refrigerator. I am proud to say that this is one of my original recipes. :)

Serves 2

Ingredients:
1/2 cup diced cooked chicken breast/thigh
1/4 cup diced cooked ham
1/4 cup sliced Chinese BBQ pork (char siu)
2 plates cooked steamed rice (let cool)
1 shallot, sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 T ABC Manis Pedas (sweet and spicy sauce)
2-3 T ketchup
3-4 T sweet soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
sugar as needed
Royco or dry Chicken Bouillon as needed

1/8 cup Fried shallots

2 eggs, beaten well with a little bit of water and salt & pepper.

Directions:
1. Stir fry shallot and garlic until fragrant in medium high heat. Add the chicken and other meat, stir fry until well blended.
2. Add the rice and other seasonings, except the Fried shallots.
3. When everything is cooked and taste good, add the shallot, turn off the heat.
4. Make an omelette. Place the omelette on a plate, put the rice inside half the omelette and fold the other half. Garnish with more shallot, ketchup, or mayonnaise.

Note: I didn't have enough time in decorating the plate, so it was very plain. But the taste was very good. Just ask my husband. :)

1 comment: