Thursday, July 23, 2009

Recipe: White pasta sauce

This one is my improved version of the original recipe I read on Gourmet magazine. Basically, I simplified it. This is my daughter's most favorite sauce. :)

Ingredients:
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 cup of heavy cream
75-100 gr baby bella mushroom or cremini mushroom, sliced
Grated parmesan cheese (or use Parmigiano-Regiano for cheesier taste)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of olive oil

Directions:
1. Heat the pan in medium high heat. Add olive oil and minced garlic. Stir fry until fragrant.
2. Add the mushrooms and let them cooked until soft.
3. Add the cream, cheese, salt, and pepper. Let it boils one more time.

Note: The sauce is ready to eat with your favorite pasta. Add grilled chicken or cocktail shrimp if you'd like. If you can't find baby bella, use regular white mushroom. The original recipe asks for porcini mushroom. I agree that porcini has a better taste than baby bella, but it's way more expensive. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I followed your blog from the foodieblogroll and I love how you simplified this recipe, I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add your choice of foodista widget to this post and it's all set to go, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete