Saturday, July 18, 2009

Carrefour: a culinary adventure in itself?

I have been wanting to write about Carrefour, a French hypermarket chain. Semarang has one and it's located right on the second floor of DP Mal at Jl. Pemuda.

I went to Carrefour for the first time last year and was amazed at the arrays of food they sold there. My eyes were popped open and surprised to see the variety of food ranging from traditional kueh (usually steamed cakes, sold in traditional markets) to day-to-day food to upscale bakeries. You can get everything in one place and it's very fascinating to see. The prices were all market priced (meaning not too expensive) and the place was easily accessed by many. I saw some people even bought supplies at Carrefour for their own store, such as boxes of instant noodles, detergents, etc. These showed how competitive the prices compared to big suppliers.

So anyway, I brought a camera with me this time. My husband was in charged of taking some pictures before the security guy came and stopped him. :)

I wouldn't go into details, but check out the pictures below. Amazing, wasn't it? And these were only a few things they displayed there.

No comments:

Post a Comment